by Phil Miller-
These questions stem from the Long-Range Planning Team report from November, 2017. That report pointed a way forward but was never intended to be an unchanging vision. Stand on the footing of this report, now is the time to sharpen and clarify our focus on the direction God is calling us toward. So, as you get ready to meet with a small group next month to discuss our vision, let me give you some homework. This week I want you to start thinking about 10 questions as we prepare for meetings to discover the vision and soul of our church. If you want an A, write out your answers and bring them when you attend a small group meeting sponsored by the Discovery Team in October. Thanks!
- In what ways do you make people feel welcome to be involved in our church?
- What events or activities help you cultivate relationships with others in our church?
- Where have you found it meaningful to serve others in the community through our church? Where else are you involved in community service?
- How does our worship reflect the diversity of our church? How might our worship reflect more of our diversity?
- Where do you turn to develop your experience of prayer?
- Where do you turn for support in studying the Bible?
- Where and with whom do your most thoughtful conversations take place?
- How might our church help you to manage your financial assets well?
- What are some institutions with which our church has important connections?
- Whether or not you’re still here 20 years from now, what kind of church do you hope First Christian will be in the year 2040?